Saturday, September 14, 2013

Relaxing in Sedona

Finally, I make it into 2013...so I'm a little behind....

Jan. 2013-President's Day Weekend

     Dan was starting his new job this month so we decided to take one last break before he would be super busy.  We asked all our friends to come, and only my cousin Abby decided she would come.  We thought that she would feel left out, but in reality, Dan was the odd man out.  Abby and I used to be neighbors, so we talked like old times.  We used some of our RCI points and stayed at the Sedona Pines Resort.  It used to be a mobil home park, but they changed into a resort.  There was a beautiful creek running through the property however, the apartments were single wide trailers.  Kind of hard getting used to the narrow-ness, but it was still beautiful and clean.
     Dan spent time relaxing and Abby and I explored downtown Sedona.  We took a drive up to Flagstaff  and visited Lowell Observatory.  It was my first time!  Dan loves space, so he REALLY enjoyed it.  Then we headed over and visited my cousins, Ryan and his wife.  We enjoyed playing some board games.
Lowell Observatory, checking out a planet
Huge telescope!
Who doesn't want Chocolate?
     The next day we took a drive through Oak Creek Canyon.  This was the first time driving through..(that I remember).  WOW!  BREATHTAKING!  We played in the snow and of course, had to take some panoramic pictures of the view.
     Spending the time away from the valley was so nice and relaxing.  We love using our RCI points to take vacations.  Dan says I work all the time so I need to slow down and relax.  The only time I seem to do that is when I am away from home on vacation. :)




Yep, Look who's pushing me!


Beautiful view




Oak Creek Canyon Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment